Artists / Russian Museum

The State Russian Museum (formerly the Russian Museum of His Imperial Majesty Alexander III) is the largest depository of Russian fine art in St Petersburg.
The museum was established on April 13, 1895, upon enthronement of Nicholas II to commemorate his father, Alexander III. Its original collection was composed of artworks taken from the Hermitage Museum, Alexander Palace, and the Imperial Academy of Arts. After the Russian Revolution of 1917, many private collections were nationalized and relocated to the Russian Museum. These included Kazimir Malevich Black Square.
The main building of the museum is the Mikhailovsky Palace, a splendid Neoclassical residence of Grand Duke Michael Pavlovich, erected in 1819-25 to a design by Carlo Rossi on Square of Arts in St Petersburg. Upon the death of the Grand Duke the residence was named after his wife as the Palace of the Grand Duchess Elena Pavlovna, and became famous for its many theatrical presentations and balls.

Voinov Vsevolod
St.Petersburg, Russia
Pochtennaya Kseniya
St.Petersburg, Russia
Britov Kim
Vladimir, Russia
Kulbin Aleksey
St.Petersburg, Russia
Kukushkin Oleg
St.Petersburg, Russia
Khvostik Vladimir
St.Petersburg, Russia
Davydova Olga
St.Petersburg, Russia
Vladimir, Russia
Borisov Veniamin
St.Petersburg, Russia
Ermolaev Boris
St.Petersburg, Russia
Nemenova Herta
St.Petersburg, Russia
Suslov Alexander
Moscow, Russia
Jacobson Alexandra
St.Petersburg, Russia
Kochukov Nikolay
St.Petersburg, Russia
Kaplan Anatoliy
St.Petersburg, Russia
Nikonov Mikhail
Moscow, Russia