Artists / Tbilisi Theatre and Film University
The Tbilisi Theatre and Film University was founded in 1923.
In 1922 under the leadership of A. Pagava was established a Drama Studio, which according to the Resolution of the Council of Peoples Commissars from October 10, 1922 became the basis of the "Institute of Performing Arts."
In 1927, the Institute ceased to function. The new studios were formed. The studio of Rustaveli Theatre in 1927-1935, together with Sandro Akhmeteli was led by Akaki Vasadze, and later in 1935-1939 by Akaki Khorava.
On September the 1st, 1939, according to the resolution of the Government, the Theatre Institute was reestablished on the basis of the Rustaveli Theatre and other Studios.
In 1992 the Theatre Institute was renamed the Theatre and Film State Institute.
In 2002 the Institute was transformed into a University.