Artists / State Museum of History of St. Petersburg
The State Museum of the History of St. Peterburg (Rus. Государственный музей истории Санкт-Петербурга), formerly Museum of Leningrad History from 1955 to 1991, is a museum of the city history in Saint Petersburg, Russia.
The headquarters of the museum are located in the Peter and Paul Fortress. It was established in 1938 as the Museum of History and Development of Leningrad. It is a successor of the City Museum and the Museum of Old St. Petersburg. During the Great Patriotic War of 1941–45 the content were moved to Sarapul. The first full historical exhibitions began in 1957, celebrating the 250th anniversary of Leningrad. The museum contained over 1 million objects in 2002, including the collection of architects documents, photos and plans of Saint Petersburg of the 18th–20th centuries.