Artists / Novokuznetsk Art Museum
Novokuznetsk Art Museum was opened in 1961 on the basis of the art gallery in the museum of regional studies. Its collection was rapidly enriching from funds of the Ministry of Culture with works of modern Soviet paintings, drawings, sculpture and applied arts in 1950-60ies. In the first decade the State Tretyakov Gallery gave 10 works of 19th century, which initiated the formation of domestic arts section of 19- early 20 centuries. Later the museum staff acquired works from private collections belonging to L. M. Rozenfeld, J. E. Rubenstein, the Nevzorovs family, the heirs, and from the workshops of famous artists. Today the largest collection of Kemerovo region has 8800 pieces of painting, sculpture, graphic art, decorative and applied art, folk crafts.