Artists / Astrakhan State Art Gallery
Astrakhan Art Gallery is the first Astrakhan art museum based by P.M. Dogadin who has donated his collection of paintings to his native town in 1918. Since 1924 the Gallery is situated in three-storied building, the former Plotnikovs Town Estate, the architectural monument of the 19-20 centuries. The Gallerys collection consist of more than 19,547 thousands storage units. At the Gallery exposition one can see iconography of 16-20 centuries, Russian painting, graphics, china and sculptures of 18, 19 and 20 centuries. The most significant exhibits are the pictures by Rokotov, Levitsky, Brullov, Venetsianov, Schedrin, Kuindzy, Levitan, Savrasov, Shishkin, Nesterov, Malevich, Kandinsky, Rerikh, Korovin and others. Foreign Art is presented by the collection of 17-20 centuries (almost 8000), among them the works by Rubens Engraving Studio, the creations by Giovanni Piranesi, German lithography of Munich and Dresden schools and also the engravings from Napoleons Library.